Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
Psalm 143:8

Friday, April 6, 2007

Cake Creations

Zak turned 4 on March 20. Because of our schedules we did not have time to have his party until March 31. He is very enraptured with race cars of late, especially Lightening McQueen and co. I decided to make a 3-D cake for his birthday. It was a bit difficult so I made a "practice" one for his actual Birthday. By the time his party came around I didn't have the energy to try again so I went with a bit of an easier creation. He was just as impressed, as he is very attached to several other cars as well as Lightening. I used 4 cake mixes and made it in a larger pan (I think 11x15) Afterward I wished I had just gone with one layer. It would have worked as well. Zak was in the clouds to have his good buddies Nathan and Izzak here to play for his party. Also his very favorite AZ Grandma Nora and Grandpa Doug. We had a really nice time.


Now I just have to come up with a good idea for a 2 year old girl's cake. Any suggestions are appreciated.

1 comment:

The Dickinsons said...

Cute cake! Nice party! Mom D. told me that Dad said that they could not come, for she can't have sugar right now...and those birthday cakes are always yummy!

Love, Heather