Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
Psalm 143:8

Friday, April 6, 2007

Mothering

It seems like only yesterday when they were just babies. Time does fly so fast. I am so thankful for the two little souls which Jesus has given me and David to raise. I used to worry so much about being a failure as a mother, but I am learning that everyday is a chance to mold and shape their little lives. I have learned to pray hard, ask for lots of wisdom and trust God with the outcome. I am not always perfect, but I love them to death (quite a miracle for those who know how I felt about having children in the first place) and hopefully that will make up for all the mistakes I make. The other day when I was working in the yard I was making foot prints in the dirt as I walked. I noticed Zak was coming behind me stepping where I didn't really want him walking. I started to scold him, and he protested "Mom, I'm being careful, I'm stepping in your footprints." What a huge responsibility. My actions are being mirrored each day. "Jesus help me to walk right, and not lead my children astray."

1 comment:

The Dickinsons said...

Hey Girl! I LOVE your blog, and I got tears in my eyes while reading about Zak following in your footsteps in the garden...AND IN REAL LIFE! We as parents have a GREAT responsiblity, but with God's help we will raise TEMPLES for Jesus to dwell in. You are a GREAT Mom! I'm glad that you included such a nice write-up of your other half. It's fun to see pictures of the whole family, not just of the kids. (I love pics of kids too, just want to see their Mom and Dad, to know who's blog I'm reading.) YOU ARE DOING GREAT WITH YOUR BLOG! Nice pics, and fun reading. =) Hey, do you want to go shopping?
Love ya, Heather