Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
Psalm 143:8

Monday, April 30, 2007

An IHC to remember...

As some of you know we made a flying trip back to Ohio for IHC this year. This is the second time we have had to drive there from Arizona, because of Davids responsibilities in Mission Helps as their PR Director. He was responsible this year for developing and designing new displays for them. Needless to say, what hair he has left -is white. (just kidding) He was stressed beyond belief to meet all his deadlines for printing, but Thank the LORD, the last items for the displays arrived the day before we left.

IHC was a special time this year to meet old friends from Penn View and worship together with such a wonderful large group of believers. As you know, we attend a VERY SMALL church and we were joking that when the singing started we would be ducking, and running for cover, wondering what the loud noise was.


One neat thing that happened this year was that Zakary got to sing for the first time in the children's mass Choir. He is in the blue shirt in the center of the picture. The boy in the red shirt at the bottom, is my nephew, Gavin Gordon, my brother - Alan's boy. It was a touching scene to see my little boy, and his cousin up there with all those other future church leaders, preachers, and missionaries. I couldn't help the tears in my eyes as I thought of the wonderful heritage I have to pass on to my children. I am so thankful for the Holiness movement, and the privilege to raise my children to know the truth.


It was great to see some of our friends and share many great talks and laughs. Bro and Sis Bryan are dear friends and spiritual examples to us.
We also got to see many others who I didn't get a chance to take pictures of, but it was a fun time.




After leaving IHC following the last service Thursday night, we traveled all night to my sisters home in Tennessee. I have to say, I have been blessed by the most wonderful sister in the whole wide world. She is my best friend, and a great garage seller!!!!

The cousins had a great time together, along with some "friendly" cousin rivalry, but in the end they all shed tears when it was time to say goodbye. Zak and Sid had a blast being in the country, and enjoying lots of fun experiences. Sidney was delighted to get to
ride a real hoossee.



Trampoline fun!!!!






The sweetest sister in the world, who is 5 mos pregnant. We had a blast talking, shopping and cooking, and oh yeah - keeping the peace between a 4, 3, 2, and 1 year old. I bribed David with a promised back rub if he would watch the kids one afternoon, while we went shopping and had some much needed quiet time. We agreed before we left to - back rub time equal to half the total time we were gone. Alas, I now owe him and hour and 1/2 worth of a back rub. But it was well worth it.
Did I mention I have a jewel in my Husband??!!! Not many men would attempt to babysit 4 children under under 5 y/o.

4 comments:

sherryldickinson said...

So cute to see Zak singing in choir at IHC. Good to see our wonderful friends the Bryan's. And, glad you survived the stress of getting away and then, had some encouraging & happy times after arriving! Enjoyed your perspective on IHC. Sherry/Bud Dickinson

Martha C said...

Your husband is braver than I am! :-) He certainly deserves an award!

The Dickinsons said...

Surely enjoyed seeing the pics and reading all about IHC! Isn't it fun to have your children sing in that huge kids choir...? I always LOVE THAT! You are right, we are very privileged to be a part of the Holiness movement and it's sooo neat to pass on that heritage to our dear children. It was fun to see Daddy and Moma's pic too! SO GLAD THAT YOU GOT TO BE WITH YOUR SISTER AND FAMILY TOO! AND THAT YOU GOT TO GO SHOPPING! HOW FUN!! Nice post on your blog!

Love ya, Heather

Janette said...

It's neat to see Zak singing in the choir and I'm glad you had some fun with your sister's family too!