Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
Psalm 143:8

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Gordon Christmas

We spent the first part of Christmas week with my parents and the second part with Davids. Nana helping the kids decorate sugar cookies. Our icing ended up being pink rather then red, but the cookies still tasted "Christmasy"
Nana left her small tree in the Dining room for the children to decorate. They had fun and with a little help the decorations were not too lopsided. See Dylan's red socks - he was supervising from his seat on the table.

Nana and Papa playing the Kids version of the Farming Game. We found this neat game at a Mennonite Store.

Papa passing out the gifts.

Dylan's first Teddy Bear - a gift from his Great Grandma and Grandpa Gordon.
Helping Zak and Gavin with their race cars.
And then the MEAL!!!
It was so neat to share Christmas with a few friends of our family. On the left between my mother and Grandmother is dear Sis Breckbill and on the right between David and my goofy brother is our good friend Matt. We tried something we have never made before - Stuffed Pork Loin. If you haven't ever tried it, your missing something. A little pricey, but it was wonderful!! My mom is one of the best cooks, she also made Spinach casserole and Twice baked potatoes. I made rolls and we also had cranberry salad. It was Plum Yummy!!!
Pappy with Jeffery and Dylan
I try to take pictures of my kids with their Great grandparents as often as I can of. Not too many are so blessed to have grandparents still living.
I'm really not sure why they have such sober faces....


The End of the Day.
Not sure who was rocking who to sleep. Notice Dylan is still awake.
Don't worry, I rescued him before he slid off her lap.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Thanks for the window into our families Christmas! Just wish I could have been there. Nice pic of Mama sleeping. And Dylan - he is so cute - looks down right hugable!!