Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
Psalm 143:8

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

San Diego

David's Birthday was May 2nd and he wanted to go to San Diego for the Red Bull air races. We only live 5 hours from there, so we went out on Friday morning and returned Saturday evening after the races. The qualifying runs were on Saturday, and the actual races were on Sunday, which we didn't stay for. The route we take goes right beside the sand dunes outside of Yuma, AZ. When Zak looked out the window and saw all the sand he exclaimed with great wonder - "Mom, is this Sand-iego".









We also got some time to play at the beach. It was rather chilly, so thankfully mostly empty of sun-bathers. Sidney was at the beach when she was about 9 months old. She of course doesn't remember it, and Zak had never seen the ocean. They both loved it. I like the beauty of the ocean, however I am NOT - may I re emphasize- NOT fond of sand, in the hair, clothes, car, etc. What a mess, it sticks to everything!!! I am so glad we don't live near an ocean, because I would go crazy. When we were leaving the beach, I threw some sandy wet towels up on top of the car while I was helping the kids get in. When we got home to Phoenix, I noticed sand all over the top of the car. However the aero-dynamics work on that car, it never blew off. WERID!!! (yes I did remember to put the towels in the trunk)
Zak loved to chase the water in and out and David took him way out so he could kind of ride the surf on his float ring. Sidney got knocked down and wet right after we got there and she refused to have anything more to do with the water. She spent all of her time digging and filling up the buckets with sand. We made a pretty cool sand castle but in the picture some of it had already washed away.
The air races were held over the San Diego bay. The point of the race is to fly through the obstacle course with out taking out the inflated cones in the shortest time. As a pilot, David was much more intrigued then I. Once I saw one go through, the rest was pretty much redundant. But overall it was a fun day.











9 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like a fun sandy trip! Pictures of the water are awesome. Do you remember seeing sand dunes somewhere when we were kids? All I remember is hearing that it was really easy to get lost in the dunes because the wind was always shifting the sand and making them look different. I was terrified that I might get too far from Mom and Dad and get lost(not real likely but anyway)! Great Pictures!!!

Dawn said...

Don't forget I tagged you - just an idea for another post since you're on a roll!!

Faith said...

Whoa! That's some serious SAND! Great photos and post.

And I'm so glad you cleared up any possible confusion on that "dead pig" in your yard. I had looked at the photo thinking, "What IS that?!"

loree2000 said...

Love the beach photos, at first I thought it was snow!!!

Looks like a lot of fun!

lila said...

Enjoying your blog. The kids are getting so big. Wish we could have joined you in Sand-diego. That was cute. That's one you will have to remember. lila

Janette said...

Looks like a lot of fun although I know what you mean about not liking sand! When our boys play in the sandbox, I usually find sand on the floor or in the laundry!

Daniel -N- Tiffany Melton said...

Hi Rosy,
Just passing by and thought I would say hello. Daniel

Aaron and Heather said...

Hiya! I'm writing on behalf on my signifigant other :-) I know the boys havent spoken in way too long,... so I wanted to reach out and say hello :-) Congrats on your new addition.

a tom said...

HEY GIRL!!!!!!
Heather told me that she found you all on here, so I ran to my computer to send you a big HEY!!
I haven't even looked at your whole site yet. hehe But from what I did see your kids are sooo cute. And congrats on the new one on the way.
I am going to go and read the rest of yor site now.
Later.