Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
Psalm 143:8

Monday, July 16, 2007

Aniversary Bliss



This past Sunday, David and I celebrated 7 years of marital bliss. Ok well maybe some moments along the way were slightly less blissful then others, but I have to say I have no regrets about who I married. I love him dearly and wouldn't trade him for the world.

Let's face it, raising a good husband is defiantly hard work, who would want to do it twice. (haha)
Anyway to make a 7 year story much shorter, he has "turned out" GREAT!! He is a wonderful husband and father. I am blessed beyond measure.

I won't bore you by waxing eloquent, singing all glory, laud and honor to his wonderful attributes. However, I will just say, as we all know, Love is a choice (thankfully, most days, it's also a feeling), and treating each other with respect and gentleness will go a long way.

David has taught me many valuable lessons in 7 years, one of them being - no matter what the disagreement, there is NEVER a excuse to be mean in your discussions. (OR Loud - yeah I'm still learning - but in my defense I like to see it more as "I'm just being emphatic or passionate")
I think maybe someday I'll write a book - "What I learned about Marriage from My Husband". Ok - maybe not the most catchiest of titles, but seriously good relationships are built, they don't just drop from the sky, and as a reminder, Rome wasn't built in a day. I think it took at least 7 years....??



A few things I have learned about Marriage in the past 7 years.

1. Don't say anything in an argument that is meant to hurt. (you can't take words back once they leave your lips)

2. Compliment each other.

3. Never talk more about him to someone else, then you talk to God about him
(I have found when I am frustrated and want to call someone, if I take 10 minutes to pray for him first, the desire to blab is kind of gone)

4. NEVER have a "heated disagrement" in front of your children (slightly undermines the "united front" concept)
5. Be humble and admit you're (occasionally) wrong.
6. Lighten up, don't sweat the small stuff.

4 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I loved the nice pic of y'all and all that you wrote! Y'all are a great couple, and are a part of a great family too (your kids and y'al!) =D

Love y'all bunches,
Heather =)

Beth said...

Congratulations!

Love
Beth

Phillip D said...

Hey, Happy Anniversary! We miss you all. This was a good post. Also let me say, thanks for putting a link from your blog to mine. Blessings.

Janette said...

Congratulations on 7 years and Happy Anniversary! Very nice picture and post! Miss you all.